- 3 c. fresh basil (or substitute 1 cup with spinach)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 c. nuts (walnuts, pine nuts, or cashews)
- 1/2 container silken tofu (optional for extra creaminess)
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- salt to taste
- In a food processor, chop the garlic, and nuts until finely minced.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until paste consistency.
Use as a dressing, pasta sauce, toast topper, or on baked potatoes..
Per 8″ waffle: 274 calories; 9 g protein (13%); 53.8 g carbohydrate (78%); 2.8 g fat
(9%); 398 mg sodium; 35 mg calcium; 0 mg cholesterol.