- 1 & 1/2 cups R. W. Knudsen Coconut Nectar
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons Agar Agar powder
- 3/4 cup apple juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup firm tofu
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup fruit juice concentrate such as raspberry-apple
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- 3/4 cup rolled oats, lightly blended
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle agar agar powder over coconut nectar in a saucepan.
- Heat and stir constantly until agar agar is fully dissolved.
- Process in a blender with remaining ingredients, except last 2, until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and refrigerate.
- When firm, blend again until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into crumble crust and refrigerate until firm.
- Add berry topping.
- Place juice concentrate into a saucepan.
- Dissolve cornstarch in a little water and stir into the juice.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly until thickened and clear.
- Remove from heat and add berries.
- Pour over cheesecake when cool.
- Soften dates in hot water
- Process dates in a blender until smooth.
- Combine with remaining ingredients for the crust and press into a sprayed pie pan with dampened fingers. Use a little more grape nuts if necessary to adjust the consistency.
- Bake at 375˚F for 10 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
Per 1/8 pie: 319 calories; 6.7g protein (8%); 46g carbohydrate (54%); 14.7g fat (39%); 213mg sodium; 69mg calcium; 0mg cholesterol.