- 3/4 cup barley OR brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup almond OR cashew butter
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 & 1/2 cups chopped dates
- 1 & 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup clean, raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1/2 tablespoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounce can pumpkin
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Agar Agar powder
- Mix first 3 ingredients thoroughly.
- Add water and mix well.
- Form into a ball and roll between two layers of plastic wrap.
- Place in an ungreased 9” pie plate. Prick with fork.
- Process first 7 ingredients in a blender until very smooth.
- Add pumpkin and stir until well mixed.
- Bring 2/3 cup water to boil and add Agar Agar powder. Still until dissolved, then add to pumpkin mixture.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into pie crust.
- Shield pie crust edges with foil and bake at 350 ˚F for 50 minutes.
- Let cool before serving. Serves 8.
Per 1/8 pie: 319 calories; 6.7g protein (8%); 46g carbohydrate (54%); 14.7g fat (39%); 213mg sodium; 69mg calcium; 0mg cholesterol.