- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup nuts (opt.)
- 5 pitted dates
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup corn flour OR millet flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- Process first 5 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and continue blending until smooth. For small blenders, blend with less of the water, then pour into a pitcher and add remaining water.
- Pour onto preheated, nonstick waffle iron, using enough batter to cover grids and edges.
- Bake until steaming stops, about 12-14 minutes.
If batter gets too thick, add more water and blend before pouring. Waffles may be frozen and reheated in toaster or oven. For variation, blend in a banana. Serves 5.
Per 8″ waffle: 274 calories; 9 g protein (13%); 53.8 g carbohydrate (78%); 2.8 g fat
(9%); 398 mg sodium; 35 mg calcium; 0 mg cholesterol.